IMMIGRATION RIGHTS INFORMATION:
- Norwalk Fair Housing Office (203.854.7820)
Fair Housing laws protect immigrants, refugees and people of all religious faiths.
- U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS): The U.S. government agency that oversees lawful immigration to the United States. Includes information on how to find legal services and how to avoid immigration scams.
LEGAL ORGANIZATIONS AND IMMIGRANTS’ RIGHTS ORGANIZATIONS:
- American Immigration Lawyers Association: National association of immigration lawyers established to promote justice, advocate for fair and reasonable immigration law and policy, advance the quality of immigration and nationality law and practice, and enhance the professional development of its members. Includes a “Find an Immigration Lawyer” search form.
- The Connecticut Immigrant Rights Alliance (CIRA): Statewide alliance of immigrant, faith, labor, youth, community, business and ally organizations founded to improve the lives of Connecticut’s diverse immigrant community. Has more than 30 member organizations. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Connecticut Legal Services, Inc.: Not for profit law firm dedicated to improving the lives of low-income people by providing access to justice. Full-service offices are in Bridgeport (203.336.3851), Stamford (203.348.9216) and four other cities.
- Connecticut Institute for Refugees and Immigrants: A statewide nonprofit human services agency, founded in 1918, that provides services to new immigrants and refugees in Connecticut to help them become self-sufficient, integrated and contributing members of the community. Main office in Bridgeport (203.336.0141). Stamford office (203.965.7190).
American Immigration Lawyers Association - CT Chapter
- Know Your Rights First Steps Checklist - Know your rights under the United States Constitution. Everyone, regardless of immigration status, has certain rights.
- Conozca Sus Derechos Lista de Primeros Pasos - Conozca sus derechos bajo la Constitución de los Estados Unidos. Todos, a pesar del estatus inmigratorio, tienen ciertos derechos.
- Designation of Standby Guardian form - Temporarily secure the care of children immediately.
Source: "What the Executive Actions on Immigration Mean to You" workshop at the SoNo Branch Library.